Drilling time is costly, and non-productive drilling time is the costliest of them all, and reduction of this time, through the adequate definition and monitoring of KPIs, data management, quantifying uncertainty in the subsurface, risk assessment, and use of modern drilling technologies and trends. The Oil and Gas industry is at the point where the rise of fracking and enhanced oil recovery has stabilized the price at the lower levels, no matter that several large oil producers are practically squeezed out of business, which requires the Well engineers to reduce the non-productive drilling time to be able to reduce the production cost.
In the Big Data era, the benchmarking, identification, application, and implementation of drilling optimization techniques are a must to be used by Well engineers.
This training course will highlight
- Reservoir modeling and drilling operations, as well as well design,
- Basic Well engineering calculations
- How to complement conventional petroleum engineering analysis with the Big Data Analytics
- Non-conventional drilling methods
- Advanced drilling technologies
By the end of this course, participants will learn to;
- Recognize the influence of drill string mechanics
- Understand how to avoid drilling problems
- Appreciate the environmental effects of drilling activities
- Implement techniques to control non-productive time
- Effectively identify and monitor key performance Indicators (KPI)
- Implement real-time management of well construction and optimization
How will this training course be presented?
Participants in this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes the presentation of theoretical concepts, video lectures, example case studies, and many exercises that will be done through the guided work of the delegates themselves.
Who is this training course for?
This course is designed for all professionals working in the field of Well engineering, oil and gas exploration, geology, and reservoir modeling. It is also quite beneficial for other people involved in the upstream oil production as it shows the interdependence of the data between the departments.
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Reservoir Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Risk Managers
- Drilling managers
- Field service and related operations
- Company men
Please note that this training is organized as implant and open courses